Human++ Review





Have you ever wondered how it will feel like if your brain was enhanced ……Yes I mean having a super brain…..Now, if you are a fan movies you may be thinking of "Limitless," now what if I told you this was somehow better than …. "Limitless." (And with no side effects) and seriously, could make you think virtual reality gaming was child's play.


That's what you're in for when you pick up Human++. Before beginning Human ++ I would like to give a thumbs up to Dima Zales for this book. Truly, it was a techno thriller worth reading, not my best one though but definitely will be among my favorites


With that being said the book features Mike Cohen, the main protagonist who is a multi-billionaire.  Mike's mum (Nina) was involved in a vehicle accident which led to some form of memory loss. Mike being a multi-billionaire invests in a startup called Techno which aims at creating technology which can help solve Nina's memory condition. The story progresses with Nina being kidnapped and follows Mike's should I say "adventures" in trying to find her.


The book was written with a mixture of the first and third person point of view mostly concentrating on the main character and his surroundings. This helped in the visualization of the surroundings of the characters and deeper insight to how each of the character processes stuff.


What makes this book worth the read? From my point of view it is the tech used, you see the tech used bases on a form of nanotechnology which basically allows your brain to access a network of supercomputers. Before I continue, imagine the possibilities! , And Human ++ blows your mind with far more exciting ones.


My favorite parts in the book had to do with the enhancements that came with this technology, one would be when Mike's friends upgraded his interface to allow him use every weapon like he was in a video game. High shot accuracy and faster reflexes and to top it all was the pre-cog moment at the end of the book, I mean Mike literally got to imagine every move that would occur if he broke into a certain room. This served as a warning to Mike thus aiding him calculate his movements such that no unnecessary moves were made.


 Who was my favorite character? Joe, Mike's cousin, why him and not Mike? Actually this has to do with the kind of personality the Author ascribed to him….his character was generally made to look cruel and also Mike looked like a "faker" to me since he was only good due to his enhancements.


My Personal Take

Human++ is a book worth reading, I literally found it hard to put the book down when I started reading....If I would rate this book I would say it delivered quite impressively on the thriller front, an excellent performance on the technology front slightly above mediocre performance on the action front, a superb performance on the informative front and mediocre performances on both the comedy and romance fronts.

To me all these came together and formed a book which made you wonder the possibilities. And also deliver massively on the thriller front.

P.S if you would like to check the book out click on the image above :).


P.S I received this book as an Advanced Reading Copy for free in order to write the review.












Comments